On 22 January 2014, Cambridge alumnus Ian Pryde, CEO of Eurasia Strategy & Communications, Moscow, spoke to the Canada-Eurasia-Russia Business Association (CERBA) on “Russia’s Future Prospects & Russia in Comparison with Emerging Markets of the CIS, Africa, Latin America and Asia.”
Ian covered such topics as Russia’s “catch up with the West” policies; economic diversification and implications of the shale oil and gas revolution; advantages for foreign direct investors and portfolio investors; and Russia’s economy compared to CIS, Baltic and BRICS nations.
A panel discussion comprised of foreign businessmen possessing longstanding experience in Russia followed the seminar, and a surprisingly broad range of views on the outlook for Russia were expressed. The panel included:
- Jon Hellevig, Managing Partner, Awara Group (host of the event)
- Geoffrey Nicholson, Partner / Consulting Leader, PwC Russia and CIS
- Slava Rabinovich, CEO and CIO of Diamond Age Capital Advisors Ltd.
- John Schreiner, VP Theatre Development Russia, CIS, Middle East and India, IMAX
- Lou Naumovski, Head of the Russia representative office, Kinross Gold Corp (moderator)